Sunday 2 November 2014

Is the paper book disappearing?

Do you think that the paper book will disappear? Will the Ipad take over? With the increase in technology and the abilities that come with them, I personally don't think that the paper book will last. 


With a brand new Ipad costing about $600-$700 and the paper book costing around $20, I would've thought that the book would've been more popular. But no, With the amount of things that you can do on an Ipad that you can't do on a book. For example, You cant browse the web on a book but you can on an ipad, you can't watch videos on a book but you can on an ipad. The book is so much better in some ways because there is no waiting for the internet to load so you can read your book, you wont get distracted with a book because there is no internet to browse or games to play. If you go on a overseas holiday with your family and you brought a book with you, you would have more memories and experiences than if you went on google maps and looked up your favourite locations.

Here are some statistics:
2/8 people in my group read a physical book in the last week.
100% of people in m group read something on a computer in the last week.

I personally like books as much as I like I-pads, but thats my opinion and I hope thats paper books are still around in 50-60 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment